10 Must Knows for Tailgating
1. Campus, The Grove and The Circle will open at 7:30pm on Friday and close 3 hours after the end of the game or at midnight (whichever is first). Please note, all tailgating areas will be completely cleared (including all people and personal items) at 7:00pm on Friday until the 7:30pm opening.
2. With the exception of approved University-sponsored tents, all spaces are first come, first served.
3. Tents that are 12 x 20 or smaller are permitted. Tents that require stakes are not allowed. If a tent is determined to be an unacceptable size or is housing unacceptable activities, the owner or vendor will be asked to immediately reduce the size of the tent or the tent will be removed.
4. Know and obey regulations concerning alcohol use. Drinking is illegal for anyone under the age of 21. Individuals and tent groups that do not follow alcohol regulations are subject to removal and/or arrest.
5. Portable generators with a decibel rating of 60db or less are permitted for tailgate use.
6. No solicitation is permitted, including commercial or political advertisement or handouts.
7. Open flames, propane tanks and propane bottles are strictly prohibited.
8. Amplified sound is prohibited.
9. Do not leave valuables unattended. The University is not responsible for unattended tents and items.
10. Help keep The Grove and The Circle beautiful by placing all recyclables in designated recycling receptacles and other trash in trash receptacles.
In addition to the above, other rules regarding tailgating at Ole Miss are below.
- No extension cords will be allowed to run across streets or sidewalks.
- No cords or cables of any type will be allowed to be run or pass through open windows or through doors of campus buildings. Unauthorized entry into any campus building for the purpose of plugging in extension cords will not be tolerated.
- Electrical circuits are not to be overloaded by plugging in multiple extension cords by using splitters or power strips. Circuits that are tripped will not be reset.
- Unauthorized tampering with the University’s electrical distribution equipment, including circuit breaker panels, junction boxes or disconnects will not be tolerated
- To ensure personal safety, to protect University property, and to ensure order, the University reserves the right to prohibit the wearing of masks, personal disguises and other means of concealing one’s identity and to prohibit the possession of weapons, props or items that may be used as weapons, and protective gear on the University campus and/or at University events.