Frequently Asked Questions
For this weekend’s game and Grove schedule, click here.
- Can I save a spot in the Grove or Circle during the day on Fridays?Beginning at 7:30pm, one person may hold a space no larger than 10 ft. x 10 ft as he or she waits on his or her tent to arrive. Please respect the traditions of those that have tailgated the same area for seasons.
- Why should I use an Approved Tailgating Vendor?Approved tailgating vendors must adhere to strict rules in an effort to improve the overall gameday experience for Ole Miss fans and visitors. These vendors are held accountable for items such as: safety, customer service, cleanliness of customer tents, etc.
- Can I buy a spot in the Grove or Circle? Do you charge for tailgating space?No. All tailgating spots at Ole Miss are first come, first serve. Beginning at 7:30pm, one person may hold a space no larger than 10 ft. x 10 ft as he or she waits on his or her tent to arrive. Please respect the traditions of those that have tailgated the same area for seasons.
- Can Approved Tailgating Vendors reserve spots?No. All tailgating areas will be cleared at 6:30pm on Fridays in preparation for a 7:30pm opening. Beginning at 7:30pm, one person may hold a space no larger than 10 ft. x 10 ft as he or she waits on his or her tent to arrive. Please respect the traditions of those that have tailgated the same area for seasons.
- Do Approved Tailgating Vendors get in earlier than everyone else?No. Approved Tailgating Vendors are allowed to STORE customer tents in predetermined, University-sponsored locations in the Grove and Circle. Approved Tailgating Vendors must clear the Grove and Circle at 6:30pm. Representatives from Approved Tailgating Vendors can enter the Grove and Circle at 7:30pm.
- On Saturday, if I don’t have a gameday parking pass, how can I drop off tailgating items for the Grove?Vehicles without a gameday parking pass must use University Ave. to load/unload tailgating equipment and supplies.
- Is there a cost for a company to be an Approved Tailgate Vendor?Yes. The investment for a company depends on how many tents the company sets up. Approved Tailgating Vendors pay on average $5 per tent per game to receive the benefits of the unique program.
- Where does revenue from the Approved Tailgate Vendor Program go?All proceeds from the Approved Tailgate Vendor Program are re-invested into the Grove and Circle. For example, proceeds from this year’s program are being used to manufacture new street signs for placement at the walkway intersections in the Grove. In addition to this critically important signage, proceeds are being used to purchase a number large LED countdown clocks to be placed around the Grove on Friday afternoons.
- Where can fans wait from 6:30-7:30pm on Fridays?Fans can wait on the opposite of the Grove and Circle along University Ave, University Circle and Grove Loop.
- Are tents, chairs and other tailgating equipment allowed on campus before 7:30pm Friday?The only tailgating equipment allowed on campus before 7:30pm Friday are the tents of Approved Tailgating Vendors. Those tents must be stacked and stored under University-sponsored storage tents from 5:30-6:30pm.
- When can vehicles enter campus to unload on Friday?Beginning at 7:30pm Friday, vehicles without a parking pass can enter campus via University Ave to unload. Vehicles with tailgating equipment are not allowed on campus until 7:30pm.
- Do the set up times and other rules apply to just the Grove and Circle?No. All tailgating areas on campus open at 7:30pm Friday and the same guidelines apply to all areas.
- Does the stadium have a bag policy?Yes. Ole Miss Athletics implemented a clear bag policy beginning with the 2017-18 athletics year. To read more, please click here.